Industrial and Power
Located close to Hinkley Point Glue2 Limited is able to provide engineering support to contractors working at HPC, HPB & HPC producing design calculations and drawings for
- Support frames
- Secondary steelwork
Onshore and Artificial Islands
Concept, Appraise, FEED and Execution advice including
- Advice on the civils design and operation of drill pads, artificial islands, walking systems for drilling rigs.
- Conductor design and installation.
- Shallow water Production platforms
- SPMT movement and harbour assessment in accordance with Noble Denton DNV Guidelines for marine transportation and load out / load in.
- Design of Harbours for construction operations including large crawler and mobile cranes and SPMT movements.
- Design of prefabricated concrete and steel structures designed to be transported to site.
- Firewater systems.
- Zone Tests for walking drilling rigs.
- Laterally loaded Pile testing in calcareous sands.
Drilling on artifical islands
How they walk
in order to understand the loads you need to understand how it moves from well to well. This is a video showing how the proprietary walking system works, it is very different to what many people assume.
Shallow Water Production (Mini Island) Platforms (6-20m water depth)
Artificial Islands have limitations
12m is the realistic maximum depth of water for building an island, after that the amount of materials, time to main construction starting becomes too long. Directional drilling and the use of the simple concrete gravity structures sitting on the seabed offers a fast and viable solution for 30 or so production and and injection wells.
Different Depths of water are accommodated by modifying the depth of the rock foundation.